We accept donations of BRAND NEW stuffed animals, NEW blankets and NEW children’s books. All stuffed animals must have their original hang-tags. Your generosity in donating new items goes a long way in our ability to help the children and youth we serve every day.
Product Donations (All information is current. There is no need to call to double-check.)
AT THIS TIME: OUR PREFERENCE IS FOR ITEMS PURCHASED AND SHIPPED FROM OUR
Product Drop-Off or Mailing Locations
Please scroll to the bottom of the page to view our product donation guidelines.
Project Night Night
1026 Kensington Avenue
Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
PLEASE EMAIL US FOR CALIFORNIA DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS.
- Blankets should be NEW . The ideal size is 50″ x 60″ or smaller. AS OF 2016, WE DO NOT TAKE NO-SEW/FRINGE TIE/KNOT BLANKETS/HANDMADE BLANKETS.
- Books appropriate for ages 0 to pre-teen. Please NO HEAVY books. Books must be NEW.
- Stuffed Animals smaller than 20 inches. Stuffed animals must be NEW.
- We are unable to pick-up donations. Doing so takes time away from our time in the office and at the shelters.
- No Beanie Babies.
- No books or stuffed animals with battery compartments or that makes noises.
- No religious, commemorative or holiday stuffed animals or books.
- No NEW stuffed animals over 1 year old (no “collections”) for dust/sanitary reasons.
- We do NOT accept items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet safety standards. Please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission for more details.
- If you would like a tax receipt, please include your name, address, value of your donation, and a self-addressed return envelope.
- Individuals may deduct the fair market value of donated in-kind items.
Fair market value the IRS is the amount that the item would sell for in its present condition in a thrift or consignment shop.
- Also according to the IRS, you must file Form 8283 if the amount of your deduction for all non-cash donations is $5,000 or more.
- Please see IRS Publication 561 for ALL questions regarding valuing your items.
- Project Night Night cannot determine the value of your items. The valuation is the responsibility of the donor.